Morgan & Mallet International is a recruitment agency in the luxury domestic service industry operating in the USA, Europe, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, to suit both temporary and permanent positions.
Their website was not performing at the levels they would like so they approached MintTwist to improve the number of job enquiries .
For this project, our SEO team conducted a thorough technical SEO audit where we highlighted some key findings to make the website more SEO friendly as well as designed a thorough keyword research and content strategy.
As a result of the implementation of all our suggestions, the organic visibility improved by 170% in the first few months.
The main goal for the project was to grow the organic visibility of the Morgan &Mallet website to increase the number of inquiries about available jobs.
We decided to approach the work as follows:
- Create a technical SEO audit dividing all the findings into 3 categories (high, medium and low priority) and our Account Manager made sure everything was solved
- Design a keyword strategy, mapping out keywords to landing pages to avoid keyword cannibalisation
- Conduct keyword research and on-page optimisations
Our technical SEO experts prepared a thorough technical SEO audit with all the needed findings to improve indexability, crawlability and organic rankings. Some of the most important issues we addressed were the following:
- Highlighted thin and duplicate content
- We found and fixed internal redirects as well as redirect chains
- Website Speed: Improved load time by 30% on desktop and mobile
- Created a custom 404 page that provided a better user experience
- Fixed 404 errors by implementing 301 redirects to relevant pages
- Created a new sitemap and submitted it to the main search engines
- Designed a customised internal linking strategy and implemented it driving traffic to the main service pages.
- URL normalisation issues: we re-wrote 60% of the URLs
- Meta data optimisation: we optimised Title tags, H1 and H2 tags for most of the job offer pages.
- We identified the opportunity to use schema mark-up for JobPosting to show up in position zero.
Once the audit was complete we needed to update several components of the website in order to help the site. We looked at:
- Generated job position naming conventions
- Designed new URL structures and provided on-site recommendations
- Our recently growing outreach started creating content and pitching it to industry-related websites.
- Develop highly targeted PPC campaigns to boost applications for less popular positions
Keywords in top 100
Keywords in top 10
After a few months of implementations and taking a close look to the evolution of clicks and impressions, the Morgan and Mallet International website started to rank for transactional terms, rather than random keywords and the dedicated job placement landing pages started to bring more organic traffic.
The organic visibility increased by 170% and the number of keywords in top 100 increased by 55%.