SAB Miller are a multinational brewing and beverage company with their HQ in the UK.
We built an internal website to manage the acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev.
SAB Miller owns over 150 market-leading local brands and is the worlds second largest brewers in the world, selling 21 billion litres of beverages each year.
With the acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev looming, we were asked to create a website to help to better communicate the process internally.
The campaign was called Making beer, making friends, making history
The campaign hub will be an online space that employees from across the business can access from their computers, smart phones and tablets.
For employees, the hub was designed to be a place to:
- View the very special campaign film
- Upload and view other’s video messages of thanks to colleagues and teams
- Create ‘memory e-postcards’ to share with colleagues and print off as keepsakes if desired
- Listen to a series of two to three-minute sound bites comprising stories gathered from SABMiller employees over the last few years
The hub also enabled employees to capture favourite memories of their time in the business by creating ‘e-postcards’.
Users were able to choose from several e-postcard templates and tailor their e-postcard with copy and an image.
Each e-postcard was saved on the campaign hub, creating a visual wall of stories and images. Site visitors will be able to ‘like’ their favourite images and share them on Yammer.
Local communications teams could then print off the e-postcards and create special noticeboards to make the stories visible in the shared office spaces.
Employees and teams were encouraged to create and send a short video thank you message to colleagues who have made the company a great place to work.
A form on the campaign hub allow users to send their video to the intended recipients with an email that features the campaign branding.
Recipients of a Thank You video were then asked to record a message for someone else in the business, designed to inspire people to ‘pay it forward’.
Each video was automatically saved to the Campaign Hub, creating a growing bank of stories and images. Site visitors will be able to ‘like’ their favourite images and share them internally.
Leverage agile frameworks to provide a robust synopsis for high level overviews. Iterative approaches to corporate strategy foster collaborative thinking to further the overall value proposition. Organically grow the holistic world view of disruptive innovation via workplace diversity and empowerment.
The website also housed a communications toolkit that could be briefed to each regional communications team. They will in turn be provided with a deck to brief their individual markets.
The toolkit comprised:
- Instructions how to: use the toolkit, access and use the campaign hub, create a video thank you message, create a memory e-postcard, listen to or contribute a sound bite
- Campaign logos, with guidelines on usage
- Email template, for email communications •Poster template, for noticeboard communications
- Pre-designed posters to advertise the various components of the campaign
- ‘Making beer, making friends, making history’ film
Number of countries who access the website
A resounding success for the platform with huge engagement rates and hundreds of wonderful messages and videos sent across the world.