Grand Hyatt Muscat is a luxury five-star hotel in Oman and is part of the global hospitality company Hyatt.
We built an app for guests to help them manage the day to day activities before and during their stay.
- Create new platforms for Grand Hyatt Muscat to regularly communicate with guests and frequent visitors in an engaging and friendly way but within Hyatt’s corporate brand
- Create an iPhone app with information about the hotel and allow Grand Hyatt Muscat to communicate with guests and regular visitors in an engaging and friendly way
- Develop a CMS so app information could be updated at the hotel’s convenience
The app design
We started by mapping the user journeys for the two main audiences:
- Guests—find information on food and drink, shops and leisure facilities that they will use during their stay
- Expat community—the hotel acts as a social hub, particularly the Habana Sports Bar. They want to see the latest sports schedule and hotel events
We created a welcome screen with the high-level categories for the hotel’s main services, as well as additional features such as checking the weather, and accommodation rates and availability. The sports bar’s schedule is directly accessible from this screen. The app reflects the company brand by using elements from the existing website, creating a seamless experience from online to app.
Users can also access Grand Hyatt Muscat’s social media connections, email and phone number through the app so they can contact the hotel quickly and easily.
We built a bespoke CMS for the app so Grand Hyatt Muscat could keep both updated with the latest information.
When adding information, administrators have the option of updating their Facebook page, the app or both at the same time reducing the need to enter the same information twice for both platforms.
The CMS allows the hotel to push messages about news, events and offers through the app.
I’m so proud of the new app, created by MintTwist, and our guests love it too!
Increase in overall customer satisfaction
Increase in repeat customers
Increase in social media engagement
Increase in social media following in the first 2 months