About the Role
MintTwist is looking for a confident and organised website project manager to join our growing team in Liverpool Street, London.
The role involves working very closely with developers, designers, managers and support staff across the department to maintain constant oversight of all project work from start to go-live.
The project manager will be required to input heavily into the planning of new development projects as well as being the primary point of contact interacting directly with clients in order to keep project stakeholders aware of timelines, budgets and statuses and highlight the impact of new requests or changes upon delivery dates and costs.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in order to effectively manage projects as well as to grow and maintain a good relationship with the client. The project manager shares responsibility for development project profitability, based on an effective planning and project management perspective.
The project manager will work alongside the support manager and senior developers, under the supervision of the Director of Technology but will interact with all manner of colleagues with varying expertise across MintTwist and the wider Finn business.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a London-based agency on projects from around the world and in various industries. The fast-paced nature of our work accommodates and nurtures even the most ambitious personal growth goals. The work is fast paced and ever changing, allowing for high personal input and growth and ample opportunities for learning and skills development.
- Determine and ensure project delivery dates for projects
- Determine and arrange timings for projects
- Create internal schedules for developers to follow
- Help agree and strictly stick to budgets with internal teams and with clients
- Constantly track and communicate the status of a project with the client
- Manage all project information in JIRA project management software
- Help to determine and document project requirements before a project starts
- Ensure projects stick to agreed specifications
- Work closely with developers, designers and senior managers
- Be clear, firm and concise with clients
- Plan and manage strategy with the departments senior managers
- Help the team to run retrospectives and make improvements
- Some understanding or understanding of web technology, websites or web development
- Experience running multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert English written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence when speaking to clients
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- 1-2+ Years relevant work experience
Nice to Have’s
- Experience using WordPress
- Experience working in an agency setting
- Experience working on web projects
- Sales experience
- Financial or budgetary tracking experience
- Simple coding experience
- Formal training in project management, Prince2 etc.
MintTwist is a London based full-service digital agency that was founded in 2002. Since then we have grown to over thirty staff members and moved into new offices in the heart of London, just outside Liverpool Street station. Our brand new state of-the-art office surrounded by (under normal circumstances) a hub of restaurants, bars and social activities that leaves us all spoilt for choice.
MintTwist recently became a Finn Partners company. Finn Partners are an international PR agency that owns an operates a network of digital, marketing and development organisations and companies across the globe. This marks a huge milestone for MintTwist and puts the company into a position to grow and expand like never before. The most important things for any MintTwist employee are a positive and optimistic attitude towards work challenges and a genuine interest in the work.
Clients that MintTwist work with span everything from large international household brands to small startups and cover any and every sector. Any new project that MintTwist undertakes may be a new business site for an established company, a social media driven interaction microsite, a large e-commerce solution or anything in-between. Some projects start and finish within 3 days, some within 3 weeks, with some still going strong after 3 years. Every project needs strong, decisive and organised management from a project manager who understands to a degree the context of the web technology that we use, who can be firm and direct with clients and is able to stay on top of a large and ever changing schedule of incoming and concluding projects.