We’re looking for a bright and ambitious PHP web developer to join our growing team in London.
The role involves working as part of a dynamic, high-achieving team to achieve key digital business goals for our expansive lost of clients. You will be expected to communicate well with your fellow developers both in the studio in Kentish Town and those we work with remotely. You will also be working closely with design and marketing experts, so conversation and communication is key.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a London-based agency on projects from around the world and in various industries. The fast-paced nature of our work accommodates and nurtures even the most ambitious personal growth goals.
Our key requirements
- Developing PHP-based websites for clients from various industries
- Working with our designers, developers and clients to bring their visions to reality
- Following and inputting to client technical specification documents
- Working with our project managers to plan ahead, set deadlines and deliver on time
- Building and supporting a range of WordPress websites and highly bespoke sites
- A general interest in web technologies should allow you to input into discussions on future development opportunities, and assist with project planning when needed
- 1-2+ Years relevant work experience
- A knowledge of web application development and experience using object-orientated PHP 5
- Using and developing recent versions of WordPress
- Using and manipulating MySQL databases
- Version control: Git, BitBucket, GitHub and similar
- Creating, working with and integrating APIs
- An understanding of site vulnerabilities, security concerns and correct solutions/mitigation methods
- Some knowledge in writing CSS for Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good detail-orientated organisation skills and strong time-management skills
These skills would also be great
- WordPress plugin development familiarity
- PHP MVC experience – Zend/Symfony/Laravel
- Basic Linux/Unix command line tools
- PHP unit testing
- Some digital marketing/SEO knowledge
- Java web/mobile development
- Mobile app frameworks – Ionic, React Native etc
Does this sound like you?
To apply for this vacancy you must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Please send us your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you wish to apply for this role and work for MintTwist, along with your salary expectations and notice period.
We are not working with recruitment agents to fill this role. Strictly no agencies, please.