A great digital marketing campaign can help a company build a strong online reputation, increase brand awareness and encourage traffic and sales conversions. Most companies do not develop a digital marketing strategy before initiating a digital campaign. This is a bad idea. Without guidelines to follow, how can results be measured and, if successful, duplicated?
By following these simple steps you can start defining your digital campaign.
Define your Goals!
Before starting any type of digital campaign, you need to decide exactly what is to be achieved; whether it is to increase sales, brand awareness, increase customer acquisition or customer retention. Additionally, you must decide what exactly you are measuring your achievements against, as well as matching up your KPIs (key performance indicators) to these goals. Ask yourself the questions:
What are you trying to achieve?
Who is the target audience?
What is the budget?
What is the estimated length of time for the campaign?
What are the results desired that will make this campaign successful?
If you have any previous digital campaigns,
What were previous targets and were they met?
Is there anything that could be improved upon from a previous campaign?
By doing so, it enables you to plan how you will get from A to B and the online tools used to reach those objectives.
Analyse your Market
An analysis of your market size and demographic, along with potential and established competition, could also help you define the tools to use. By understanding what your consumers’ need and what they are searching for online, you can plan ways to advertise your products and services.
To do this there are various platforms you can use including: Google Analytics, FollowerWonk and the most direct way is contacting a handful of clients with a number of market research questions.
Choosing your Marketing Tools
There are a number of digital marketing channels to use to help your company’s visibility online. Grasping an understanding of each digital marketing network will help you to understand which platform is best.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) –Since the term was coined, SEO has evolved dramatically. Create highly engaging content and optimise current or future landing pages to guarantee the high level keywords your business would like to rank for on search engines such as Google are prominent. This will increase visibility of your website.
- Social Media Marketing – Using social media to create digital campaigns is not only effective and somewhat inexpensive, but also allows one’s creativity to shine through. Make your products and services stand out and encourage engagement with social followers.
- PPC (Pay per click) – Advertising is not just for traditional media outlets such as a text box in the back of a publication. Using PCC is a tried and tested way of increasing traffic to a website, as the words/ phrase a potential customer is searching for will direct them to your ad.
- Email Marketing – Who said email marketing is dead? Although click through rates have subsided for many automated e-newsletters in recent times, subscribed customers still appreciate receiving a direct commercial message (especially if the subject line features perks such as discounts or sales)
- Affiliate Marketing –This form of advertising has declined in recent years. However, if online influencers (who would feature your company’s ad on their website) have been researched, have large followings and deemed appropriate, this performance-based marketing can work wonders.
- Content Marketing – Publishing customised content, such as testimonials, case studies, blog articles, whitepapers and more, will not only increase your website’s authority and ranking, but allow potential and established customers to see your company in a lifestyle perspective, which encourages conversions.
Measuring your Digital Marketing Campaign
Depending on the platform used, there are a number of ways to measure the success of a digital marketing campaign.
- Google Analytics – As Google is the big player in the search engine world, Google Analytics is the most prolific way to measure success. Once a GA account is established, tracking, measuring and reporting on traffic to your website is simple. Additionally, GA can display the origin of said traffic, so you can see if it is truly your digital marketing campaign driving visitors to your site.
- AWR Cloud – This platform allows users to receive accurate rankings of your company’s targeted keywords. Once set up, you’ll be able to see whether your digital marketing campaign is effective in increasing the visibility of your website.
In need of help creating your digital marketing campaign? Feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to assist.